A while ago I made a quick visit to the crafts’ store in our area and picked up a few things I needed to finish up my training project! And that’s when I got a F.E.W more random stuff out of which I wanted to make something.. yes SOMETHING!(I know I sound insane but that’s how it happens with me.) I pick up just random stuff and later on sit down and decide what to do with ’em. So most of the time I’m never clear about the idea, it’s only some sort of a blurred image! But it surely doesn’t mean that they will just go and sit in some corner of my house! There’s an outcome of every thing! Every craft item! Every idea!! Every penny I spend of course!!
So this is what I did with some crepe papers I had bought!! I actually wanted to make a few flowers out of them and obviously wanted a super-easier way so that I don’t end up coiling and re-coiling the paper all day long!
Anyways all you need to make this cute li’l flower is strips cut out of crepe paper and a sewing machine!!
- Firstly I cut out long strips of crepe paper which were about 4″ in width and 12″ in length (this could vary depending on the size of the paper you take). The bigger the time-saver!
- And then I ruffled the paper and stitched it exactly at the centre along its long. I went on joining the strips one overlapping the one(at the ends).
- Folded it into half with my stitch as my reference line.
After I folded it I started coiling it slowly and went on crumbling the paper as i worked my way! Dont worry crumbling the papet will only make your flower look more real!
- Slowly try and open it up (take care not to tear it). You can use a pin to open it up a bit.
- Adhere it’s back to a piece of paper so it stays in place.
And there you have it!!
Stop-by again to see where I used it!!
Happy Crafting!! 🙂