Here is a quick recipe for all the food junkies. I had one of my lovely friends send this down to me so I can put it up here on The Mommy Blog. I’m happy to see little addition to the list of the recipes I have written earlier. I completely acknowledge the fact that I haven’t done many posts on ‘food’ in the past couple of months. So here it is.
- Green gram – 1/2 cup
- Bengal gram – 1/2 cup
- Black gram- 3/4th cup
- Green chillies – 2-3 chopped
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Coriander – chopped
- Mint leaves – chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Curry leaves – chopped
- Ginger garlic paste -hint of it
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch Oil ( for deep frying)
- Soak the three lentils in water for about 2-3 hours and drain the water.
- Grind it to a thick consistency without adding any water (it should have dough-like consistency).
- Then take this mixture in a bowl and chopped onion, coriander leaves, mint leaves, curry leaves, green chillies along with salt, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and mix it with a spoon.
- Apply some oil on to your palm and give the dough flat and round shape of patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the patties till they are golden brown.
The writer is a stay-at-home momma of a handsome little boy. She is passionate about cooking, photography and finding ways to make her family happy.