If you have been following me on Instagram then you know about a picture I posted there a couple of days back. I have been dying to make these for months now. It’s a super simple recipe for kids who are fussy eaters, like mine. This little recipe will not eat up all of the time you have on hand. May be just ten minutes or so?? And here’s the recipe for making frozen chocolate coated bananas for kids.
- 1 banana
- chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Light Olive Oil (Remember it has to be flavorless)
- wooden dowels or ice-cream sticks
- Cut banana into half, put the dowels/ice-cream stick through the pieces and let them sit in the freezer for like an hour or so.
- In a double boiler, melt your chocolate chips and oil. Remember never over-heat chocolate. So keep stirring it every now and then until it’s of a smooth consistency.
- Bring out your frozen bananas and dip the in to the smoothly warm chocolate chip mix. Coat them evenly.
- Freeze them again for half an hour.
You can also roll them in sprinkles or chopped almonds or walnut, as per your child wish. And I like to keep them plain. If covered these can be stored upto a week. And if the bananas are too frozen to eat then place them in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. This makes a wonderful snack for those hot summer evenings.
P.S: The photo doesn’t look professional by any chance. But I’m definitely making these again and I will then try to get some nice pictures. 😉
So go ahead and let your little ones indulge in this mouth-watering on-the-go recipe. Let me know in the comments below, how you liked it.